Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Starborough 2010 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc


Winemaker's notes: Crisp and refreshing with layers of citrus and tropical fruit and hints of fresh green characters reminiscent of the region. The wine shows flavors of passion fruit, kiwi and guava over a citrus background.

750mL, 13.5% Alc. by vol., Randalls, $11.99 (on sale, normally $15.99)

I bought this wine because I wanted something easy to drink after a long day and I only had a complex red in the fridge. I didn't want to pick a big brand that was really cheap, so I chose to break the $10 mark for this. It was rather disappointing to me because it lacked much of any flavor. At first I though this may have been because I was rather tired at the time I drank it, but upon later inspection I felt the same. If this wine was around the $7-8 mark I'd buy it again, but I would never ever pay $16 for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment