Monday, July 11, 2011

Lucky Duck Riesling


On the bottle: Lucky you! We searched the globe to create a collection of authentic, great tasting international wines, with layers of flavor.

Sweet notes of citrus and apricot. Enjoy Lucky Duck alone or paired with white meats, fresh vegetable dishes, or spicy Asian cuisine.

750 mL, 9.5% Alc. by vol., Wal-Mart, $3.97

I've had this wine before and I picked it up again on a Wal-Mart trip where I had to deal with frustrating employees who were no help. It was less than $4 so it went in the cart. I remembered having this before and liking it, but I didn't remember how cheap it was! The Riesling is very sweet, but not too sweet to make it into Boone's Farm territory. It has a nice citrus smell, no alcohol burn in the scent or the taste. This would be a great wine for a budget party, or to introduce non-wine drinkers into wine. I'd buy it again for a party or if I needed to reduce my budget, but it doesn't have alot of flavor so I wouldn't seek it specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment