Saturday, August 6, 2011

2006 Levata Montepulciano d’Abruzzo


On the bottle: A delicious expression of the Montepulciano grape, this smooth tasting wine offers intense cherry and plum aromas and a dry harmonious flavor. Pair with grilled or stewed meats, savory sauces and pasta dishes. Serve at 64-68 F.

750mL, 12% Alc. by vol., Specs, $6.99

I bought this wine with the Yalumba Y Series Viognier which I reviewed first. I was drawn to the simple black and green label of this wine. I bought this wine because it was inexpensive and I have never tried the Montepulciano varietal. I drank this with dinner, which was a noodle stir fry. It wasn't a spicy stir fry and this wine paired well with it. This dry wine has a nice acidy punch and goes down smoothly. It didn't give me the sticky mouth feeling I get from Cabernet. As long as the price stays the same I would definitely buy this wine again. I'm interested to see if it pairs well with spicy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment