Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pacific Rim 2009 Gewürztraminer


On the bottle: Our Columbia Valley Gewürztraminer is fermented in stainless steel tanks with wild, native yeast - preserving a crisp profile that enhances rather than dominates fresh, vibrant cuisine. The true nature of out Gewürztraminer shines through with floral aromas and flavors of lychee, passion fruit and melon. AN enlightened pairing with chicken stay, moo shoo pork, roast turkey and all manner of curries.

750mL, 12.4% Alc. by vol., Costco, $9.99

I bought this wine because the last time I tried the Gewürztraminer varietal I really enjoyed it, the bottle has a nice design, and it was cheap. This comes in a screw top bottle, and it is delicious. When it's chilled doesn't have much of a smell, but it if warms up a bit it's scent is sharp. The flavor starts sweet, but has an acidic bite and warms my throat as I drink it. I think the flavor mellows out a bit, for the better, when it's been out of the fridge for a bit, but not as warm as room temp. I am curious about pairing this with spicy food, as I drank it with lemon-pepper baked salmon and rice. Overall I really liked this wine and will buy it again if I run across it and want a white that I don't need to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment