Saturday, August 27, 2011

La Bourgeoisie 2010 Chardonnay


On the bottle: Our goal: to capture terroir in its most elegant form and to preserve the integrity of the wine world by rebelling against the 100 point system. A wine of of sustainable and environmentally friendly farming. No advertising. 100% chardonnay.

750mL, 13.5% Alc. by vol., HEB, $11.99

I bought this wine because the wine guy at HEB recommended it to me. This wine is made by The House of Independent Producers. I liked the bottle and the whole thumbing their nose at the establishment as well as the promise that the grapes were sustainable grown. The price wasn't bad either. Unfortunately this wine was rather forgettable. It tasted like any old chardonnay with nothing particularly remarkable about it. I would definitely drink it again, but I don't think I'd want to pay this much for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment