Saturday, August 6, 2011

Educated Guess 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon


On the bottle: Why "Educated Guess"? Have you ever found yourself in a wine shop restaurant perusing the wines and wondering... how do I choose the best wine for the money? You may admire ta label, recognize a name, or recall a great review... in essence you're making a "Educated Guess". This is exactly what goes on in the vineyards and wineries around the world. When should we pick the grapes? Should we barrel age in French Oak? Will our customers like the package? Our experts use their knowledge, intuition, and years of experience to make the best possible decisions; however, at the end of the day, it still remains and "Educated Guess". At Roots Run Deep we have done the Guesswork for you. This Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is the richest, ripest, and most complex Cabernet you can buy for the money. So don't settle for less, buy "Educated Guess"!

750mL, 14.5% Alc. by vol., HEB, $16.99

I bought this wine because of the chemistry formulas on the label. According to their website these are actual formulas used in wine-making, and they even have a PDF explaining them linked in this page . I really liked this wine, which is slightly unfortunate because it's over the $10 mark. It was spicy and flavorful, and went really well with the spicy, hearty pasta sauce I had for dinner with it. It did make my mouth feel sticky, like most cabs do, but it wasn't entirely unpleasant. I think the wine lives up to the hype on the label and I will try to buy it again at this price when I can. If it ever goes on sale I'll be stocking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment