Thursday, September 8, 2011

Louis Jadot 2010 Mâcon-Villages Chardonnay


On the bottle:
Origin: Vinified without oak contact to maximize the vibrant flavor, this wine is produced in the Mâconnias region where soils are dominated by chalk and limestone.

Grape: 100% unoaked Chardonnay

Flavor: Bright and crisp with notes of apple; a classic expression of this Burgundy grape.

Pairing: Perfect as an aperitif or with shellfish, crab cakes, and goat cheese

750mL, 12.5% Alc. by vol., HEB, $12.99

I bought this wine because I read a great review about white burgundy wines and how they are so good, but too expensive for this other blogger. Unfortunately I can't remember which blog this was on, or I would link to it. I went to HEB in search of 6 wines so that I could get the 10% off for buying 6 or more at a time. I wanted 3 whites and 3 reds, this one caught my eye and I'm SO GLAD it did. Right from the first sip I knew this wine was special. It made my mouth feel warm and tingly and tasted bright and slightly citrus-like. I liked this wine so much I bought another bottle already! The second time I got the 2008 instead because it was the 150th anniversary and it was the same price as the other years. I will be buying this wine again for any parties I would bring wine to, as this will be easy for all types of wine drinkers to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment