Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cavit Pinot Grigio 2010


On the bottle: Cavit Pinot Grigio originates in northern Italy's picturesque delle Venezie region, source of the world's finest Pinot Grigio. To this ideal terroir, Cavit brings a half-century of winemaking experise and an endless passion for quality and innovation. Elegant, crisp and light, with delicate nuances of fruit Cavit Pinot Grigio is remarkably versatile. Excellent served well-chilled.

750mL, 12% Alc. by vol, left at my house after new years, internet says $10

My first tastes of this are apples and pears. Crisp and acidic, this wine would be great on a hot summer day, or with spicy food. I didn't feel like waiting until summer, so this wine felt a bit out of place on chilly nights, but it was still delicious and not too sweet for me. This wine does seem a bit watery in comparison to the heavy reds I've been drinking lately, but I would buy this again for an outdoor party, in the summer, if I'm short on cash and don't need to impress anyone.

1 comment: