Saturday, January 7, 2012

David Stone Pinot Noir




















On the bottle: David Stone Vineyards focuses on crafting exceptional wines from premium quality grapes grown in some of the most prestigious regions of California. The wines are best known for their quality and authentic varietal character.

This Pinot Noir is crafted to be medium-bodied with ripe cherry aromas, a hint of brown spice and soft tannins. Black cherry and red plum flavors are prominent in this balanced and distinctive wine.

Enjoy this exceptional wine with your favorite creamy pasta, spicy chicken, or grilled salmon.

750mL, 12.5% Alc. by vol., under $10

This wine was left at my house after the New Years party. I don't know where it came from, but a quick Google search led me to posts about this being a wine "under $10". It has very little smell to it, but I am drinking it almost a week after it was opened. It's slightly sweet, but not too sweet, with very little sticky mouth. I like this overall and it makes me want to try more Pinot Noir despite the fact that they have less body than Cabernet. I don't think I'd drink this with anything spicy, but I could see it going well with creamy pasta or a grilled salmon as long as it wasn't too salty or garlicy. I'd drink this again, and maybe buy it if I ever see it in the store

No comments:

Post a Comment