Saturday, January 7, 2012

Columbia Crest Two Vines Gewürtztraminer 2006

*NEWS*
After my New Years party I had several partially finished wines to finish off so tonight will be several reviews!

On the bottle: Columbia Crest Gewürtztraminer enjoys a long, cool fermentation to produce a clean, crisp wine with bright acidity and exotic spice highlighted by citrus aromas and flavors.

750mL, 11.5% Alc. by vol., Albertsons, $8.99

I bought this wine because I really enjoyed a Gewürtztraminer I had from Messina Hof. This one was a bit of a let down, though. It tasted very yeasty and that coupled with the spice notes made it unpleasant for me to drink. This could be an off batch, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't buy this wine again,even though it has a low price because I know I can get Messina Hof Gewürtztraminer for a low price and it's much better. I did not bother to pair this with cheeses.

2 comments:

  1. certainly like your website however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality on the other hand I'll definitely come back again.
    FJC 6697 R134a/R12/R22 Aluminum Dual Manifold Gauge Set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me blog! I do run spell check on my posts, this one for instance. I'm sure a few things have slipped through, but "rife with spelling problems" is a little dramatic. I'll keep your comments in mind for future posts. Good luck telling reality in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete