Saturday, January 14, 2012

Prima Perla Prosecco


On the bottle: Italian - sparkling white wine - extra dry

750mL, 11.5% Alc. by vol, left at my house after the New Years party

My first thought when drinking this wine was pears! You get an acidic citrus zing and then the taste of pears. Prosecco is made differently than Champagne in that the secondary fermentation (which makes it bubbly) takes place in large tanks before bottling. Champagne gets it's secondary fermentation in the bottles. Because of this, Prosecco is less bubbly than Champagne. I did some research online and this particular Prosecco is available for about $8.50 online. I really enjoyed this wine. I think it would pare well with lemony chicken or white fish. I would definitely get this wine again for a party, and now I am very curious to try other Proseccos.

No comments:

Post a Comment