Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Purple Cowboy Trail Boss 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon


On the bottle: Once upon a time in wine country there was a group of young winemakers. They worked hard all week and tasted so much wine their teeth turned purple. On weekends, these same men loved to rodeo. They became known as the "Band of the Purple Cowboys". So the legend goes.

750mL, 13.0% Alc. by vol., HEB, $11.99

I bought this wine because I like Cabernet and the story on the back of the bottle was funny. This wine was good, not amazing, but a solid Cabernet. The flavor was a little bitter, but when drank with dinner that was not a problem. It did start to stain my lips and tongue after less than one glass of wine. I'd buy this wine again if I was going to drink it with a friend who likes red wine and western stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment