Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sighesio Sonoma Zinfandel 2009


On the bottle: Begun in 1895 by our great grandfather, Edoardo Seghesio, Seghesio Family Vineyard is a collection of sustainably farmed estate vineyards in Sonoma County, hand-tended by our family for four generations.

750mL, 15% Alc. by vol, HEB, $15.98

I bought this wine at the suggestion of my friend Mark who works in the beer and wine department at the Montrose Market HEB. I was very impressed by the full flavor of this wine. It has deep berry color and flavor, and a bright acidity that makes it go down easily. There's an almost dustiness this wine that compliments the blackberry flavor. I thought it was also cute that the phone number of the vineyard is printed on the cork. I would buy this wine again to go with spicy red sauce pastas or pizza. I'm going to look out for more wines from this company in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment