Saturday, February 11, 2012

Haak Vineyard Pink Pelican


On the bottle: This wine is a lighthearted, pink homage to the Brown Pelican, a native of the Gulf Coast. The Pelican had been listed on the endangered list since 1970, but can be seen in abundance along the Texas Gulf Coast. Swirl a glass of Pink Pelican and let the coastal airs swirl around you. Like the Pelican, Pink Pelican is also on the "endangered" list, with a limited production available.

750mL, 10% Alc. by vol, Haak Vineyard, $6.95

Today I took a tour of the Haak Vineyard in Santa Fe, TX and I picked up a few bottles at great prices. Pink Pelican is normally about $15, but this batch had a bottling error so it was discounted. This is a very good semi-sweet table wine, especially for a warm day chilling around a pool. I don't normally drink wines that are too sweet, but this one was great. I can also see this making a great sangria. I would recommend this to other people and I certainly see myself purchasing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment