Thursday, October 6, 2011

2003 Le Bourgogne de Louis Latour


Tasting notes from the website: This wine has a clean lemony shimmer and a delicate yet elegantly fruity bouquet rises from the glass with hints of oak. Complimenting the balanced acidity there are nicely detailed flavours of tropical fruits and peaches coming through to give us a wine which could be drunk now but a year or two in bottle would work also. Tasted 23/02/05

750mL, 13% Alc. by vol., Specs, $13.88

I bought this wine because I was at the Specs warehouse store in midtown Houston and thought I could get a really good deal on a white burgundy. Well....

THIS WINE WAS GROSS!!!!

It may have been an off batch and not something common to the brand, but I don't think I'll be buying this again. The cork seemed like it was rotting, I had to put it back in the bottle the other way, because the "wet" side was disintegrating. The wine was too harsh on my pallet and a little sour. I'll stick to the Louis Jadot in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment