Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hess Select 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon


On the bottle: Hess Select Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced exclusively from family-owned and sustainably-farmed vineyards in the Northern California appellations: Mendocino, Lake and Napa Counties. Our winemaker selected grapes from areas that specialize in Cabernet Sauvignon to create a wine with notable richness, intensity and varietal character. Mendocino County contributes spice and mid-palate, Lake County adds the classic red fruit profile of Bing cherry, while Napa maintains our signature style of a structured wine with black fruit and cassis flavors.

42% Mendocino County - 40% Lake County - 18% Napa County

750mL, 13.5% Alc. by vol., Albertsons, $14.99

I bought this wine because I love Cabernet and I remembered reading a good review about it from this blog. I really enjoyed this wine. I used a little bit in the tomato sauce I used for spaghetti and meatballs tonight, and drank a glass with dinner. The flavors compliment the acidy tomato and hold up well with the beef in the meatballs. There is a spicy finish, which I like, and very little sticky mouth. I would buy this again if it ever goes on sale, my ideal price would be $12 for a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment